EVOLVE YOUR PRODUCTION WORK WITH THE DIGITAL PAPER FACTORY
With SEAL Systems Digital Factory, manufacturing workflows are supercharged with digital file enablement, touch-screen kiosk production floor data collection, and drawing package transmittals to customers and suppliers. Data collection on machine allows workers to see their current jobs and report completion totals in real-time. Complex document packages are automatically assembled and distributed at key points in the production routing to suppliers and customers. All steps are digitally traceable and carry with them best industry practices as well as regulatory compliance to save time and money, reduce errors, and improve document security.
… SEAL Systems’ revolutionary Digital Factory solution that streamlines production operations
Paperless Production (PALO) helps enterprises enact effective cost reduction and realize immediate growth potential without unnecessary overhead or staff training. Reducing the risk of errors by automating the production process, global or regional plants can be automated without endless paper trails and traditional checks and balances that slow down manufacturing. Production teams receive all order-related information and documents on their desktop and mobile devices, enabling them to exchange information easily and react quickly to changes in demand or supplies.
WHO NEEDS PAPERLESS PRODUCTION?
Companies that can benefit from Paperless Production have the following in common:
- Production orders that require attachments such as drawings, photos, videos, instructions, specification lists, bills of material.
- Need to collect build quantities, scrap information, and notes from the plant floor without complex software interfaces.
- Want the ability to update information quickly and easily.
- Need to provide workers with access to information required for a specific operation but restrict their access to other items in the document package.
- Want to support workers by providing them with 3D animations (SAP Visual Enterprise) of production processes.
THE BENEFITS OF PAPERLESS PRODUCTION
- All information and documents required are available at each work center/workstation.
- All information on printed production orders is shown to the worker.
- Avoid breaks in communication if there is a change in media, or production information.
- Additional information such as production resources and tools, manufacturing materials documentation, and object services/business documents are readily available.
- Inventory entries can be made directly at workstations on user-friendly interfaces instead of complicated SAP screens.
- Updates related to work times, material quantities, scrap totals, and scrap details can be made directly at the workstation.
- Production management can make quick informed decisions for updates and adjustments that need to be implemented immediately.
- Eliminates the need to exchange physical production documents because changes and updates are made in real time.
- Production can be optimized because the process is transparent, each step can be tracked and monitored, and errors can easily be traced and corrected.
DOWNLOAD OUR FACTSHEET
Download our Paperless Production Factsheet to learn more about our revolutionary solution.
THE PROCESS: HOW DOES PAPERLESS PRODUCTION WORK?
The steps of SEAL Systems’ Digital Factory solution for Paperless Production are:
- SAP production jobs are automatically triggered on a regular interval
- Paperless Production collects the job details with operations, tasks, documents
- Client receives the job list with all items, and can go off-line with mobile devices
- Job is completed at the workstation, build quantity entered, scrap totals recorded
- Worker confirms the job and submits the finished details
- Paperless Production returns the details to SAP, where production order is finalized
- All within the same workflow as before, this extends SAP functionality digitally to the plant floor