EVOLVE YOUR PRODUCTION WORK WITH THE DIGITAL PAPER FACTORY
With SEAL Systems’ Digital Factory, manufacturing plant workflows are supercharged with real-time digital files, touch-screen data collection, and automatic drawing packages transmitted to customers and suppliers. Data collection on our software allows workers to see their current jobs in the process and report completion totals on the fly. Complex document packages are automatically assembled and distributed at key points in production routing to suppliers and customers. All steps are trackable and carry with them the best industry practices as well as regulatory compliance to save time and money, reduce errors, increase document security, and improve communications throughout the process. It is a workstation in your pocket!
WHAT IS PAPERLESS PRODUCTION?
… It’s the revolutionary Digital Factory solution that streamlines manufacturing operation. With a digital production process, every stage can communicate in real-time with work order data, accessible at every point in the process by everyone involved.
WHO NEEDS PAPERLESS PRODUCTION?
Saving more than just paper and ink, the SEAL Digital Production solution consolidates many manual steps to streamline everything into an efficient and cost-effective workflow. Paperless Production can help your company enable this solution quickly and realize immediate growth potential without extra overhead or continuous staff training. Reducing the risk of errors by automating the production process, global or regional plants can be automated without endless paper trails and traditional checks and balances that slow down manufacturing. Production teams receive all order-related information and documents on their desktop and mobile devices, enabling them to exchange information easily and react quickly to changes in demand or supplies.
IS PAPERLESS PRODUCTION FOR YOU?
Would you answer yes to any of the following questions?
- Do you have production orders that require paper attachments such as drawings, photos, links to videos, instructions, specification lists, bills of material?
- Do you need to collect build quantities, scrap information, and notes from the plant floor without complex software interfaces?
- Do you want the ability to update information quickly and easily?
- Do you need to provide your crew with access to information required for a specific operation but restrict their access to other items in the document package?
- Do you want to support employees by providing them with 3D animations (SAP Visual Enterprise) of production processes?
Companies that can benefit from Paperless Production have one or more of the above challenges in common!
Screenshot of our Paperless Production software
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PAPERLESS PRODUCTION?
- All information and documents required are available at each work center and workstation.
- All information on printed production orders is shown to the employee who needs the data.
- The Digital Production process avoids breaks in communication if there is a change in documentation or production information.
- Additional information such as production resources and tools, manufacturing materials documentation, and GOS object services/BDS business documents are readily available.
- Inventory entries can be made directly at workstations on user-friendly interfaces, clear of any complicated SAP screens.
- All updates related to work times, material quantities, scrap totals, and scrap details can be made directly at the workstation.
- Production management can make quick, easy, and well-informed decisions for updates and adjustments that need to be implemented immediately.
- Digital Production eliminates the need to exchange physical production documents because changes and updates are made in real-time.
- Production can be optimized because the process is transparent, each step can be tracked and monitored, and errors can be easily traced and corrected.
- Information is secure with encrypted data and documents.
THE DIGITAL FACTORY
Download the ebook to learn:
- How manufacturing companies drive growth in a digital world
- How to take the production process to digital
- The 5 benefits to a digital manufacturing solution
- How to increase capacity with a mobile solution
HOW DOES PAPERLESS PRODUCTION WORK?
These are the steps for SEAL Systems’ Digital Factory solution for Paperless Production when SAP production jobs are automatically triggered on a regular interval:
- Paperless Production collects the job details with operations, tasks, and all needed documents.
- The staff receives the job list with all items and can then go off-line with mobile devices.
- When the job is completed at the workstation, build quantity is entered, and scrap totals are recorded.
- The employee then confirms the job and submits the finished details.
- Paperless Production returns the details to SAP, where the production order is finalized.
All within the same workflow as before, our software extends SAP functionality digitally to the plant floor.